Bernie is the founding member of Lanigan & Associates, P.C. and serves as the firm’s Chairman. In his more than 40 years of experience, Bernie has focused his practice on complex tax issues, mergers and acquisitions, commercial real estate transactions, valuation, manufacturing operations, and forest products operations.
Bernie also founded and serves as the Managing Director of Southeast Asset Advisors, an investment advisory firm with more than $2 Billion under active management.
Bernie actively sits on the Board of Directors for two publically traded entities and a private land holdings and agricultural company. He is recognized nationally as an industry expert in timber taxation, mill operations, and complex tax transactions.
He has been a guest lecturer and panel host at numerous industry conferences and conventions.
- Bachelor of Arts, Furman University, Greenville, SC
- Additional Course Work, New York University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA)
- Leadership Georgia
- Young Presidents Organization
- Rotary Club of Thomasville
- Glen Arven Country Club