Tom joined Lanigan & Associates, P.C. in 1997. His practice is focused on working with business owners and executives to achieve their financial goals and objectives. He has led several niche development projects for the firm, including L&A Forest Products Group, income tax planning, cost segregation, and personal financial planning.
Tom serves as the engagement partner on several large audits, and is a member of the firm’s peer review oversight team. His practice has centered on the following industries: manufacturing, distribution, medical practices, and real estate/hospitality.Tom is currently on the Board of Directors for the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants.
He’s currently an adjunct professor in the Florida State University Center for Professional Development, teaching in the University’s Certified Financial Planner certificate course program.
He has also served as an adjunct professor at Thomas University and at Southwest Georgia Technical College.
When Tom is not practicing or teaching he and his family enjoy tennis, inshore fishing and being a gentleman farmer.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- Bachelor of Science in Finance, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA), BOD and Past SWG Chapter President
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Certified Financial Planner, (CFP®)
- First United Methodist Church
- Thomasville Rotary Club (BOD)
- Thomasville Landmarks, Inc. (BOD)
- Tallahassee Regional Estate Planning Council