John is the principal-in-charge of the audit and assurance practice for Lanigan & Associates, PC. For the past 20 years John has provided services to clients across multiple industries which have included government, not-for-profit, manufacturing, service providers, universities, and distribution.
John has dedicated the majority of his career to specializing in government and not-for-profit consulting and auditing. He has developed an excellent understanding of compliance and regulatory issues, fraud prevention, cost allocation methodologies, grant compliance, and internal controls specific to these industries.
John possesses experience and is proficient in conducting internal control reviews and SOC audits (formerly SAS 70 audits).
John is a lecturer on accounting, auditing, fraud and other related topics. He has been a speaker to financial institutions and large association groups on these topics in both Florida and Georgia.
In his free time John enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter and is a huge FSU sports enthusiast.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Florida Society of Association Executives (FSAE)
- Community Human Service Partnership (CHSP), Team Member
- Leadership Tallahassee, Class 29